In attempting to reduce increasing levels of obesity, new laws relating to products containing high fat, salt and sugar (HFSS) are being brought in by the UK government by the end of 2022. But how will that affect retailers and their ‘sweet treat’ in-store merchandising?
Evidence suggests that minimising children’s exposure to unhealthy food choices will help avoid a future health crisis. According to Public Health England, one third of children and two thirds of adults are either overweight or obese. Obesity is one of the greatest long-term health challenges this country faces and, in an attempt to tackle the issue, the government aims to eliminate impulse buying of unhealthy food products.
Several initiatives are being brought into force as part of the ‘Better Health’ campaign, and many relate to in-store shopping.
What effect will the new laws have on retailers?
Retailers with stores over 2,000 square feet and more than 50 employees will be banned from placing HFSS products at the end of aisles or by the tills.
The new law will bring an end to multibuy offers and volume promotions often seen in supermarkets to promote certain products. General price reductions of these products will not be affected.
These HFSS regulations will require action to be taken within stores, and many retailers are concerned about the loss of earnings from prominent promotional locations.
Supporting brands through the implementation of the HFSS changes
Operating within the new government regulations, Logobrand are working closely with brands and retailers to ascertain which products will be affected and by how much, and we are creating a robust strategy based on detailed analysis of retail sales data.
The location of some products that rely on promotional displays to generate a significant percentage of the revenue must be reviewed as early as possible. We work with brands to adapt their retail strategy and in store execution to meet consumer needs while still supporting the Better Health campaign.
With the right field sales team, in-store insights and stock level support, your brand can get on the right track to ensure a seamless shopper experience and maximise sales.
We offer a range of services for brands:
- Identifying stores that need your support and pinpointing products that are experiencing availability issues, out of stocks, and therefore lost sales
- Fixing those on-shelf availability gaps by deploying an agile field representative in-store to tackle those retailer compliance or stock replenishment issues
- Merchandising stock on-shelf and ensuring stock inventory is maximised to allow regular replenishment
- Regaining share of shelf. We’ll ensure the correct number of facings are present to keep your consumers engaged and the shelves fully stocked
- Ensuring SELs are present and correct. If the price isn’t visible, your product won’t be picked
- Increasing visibility. With additional sites and visual merchandising, your product sales will soar
At Logobrand, our dedicated team of field marketing experts will help you maximise sales in-store and deliver a positive return on your investment. We’re proud of the clients we’ve worked with, including some of Britain’s best-loved brands. We don’t like to blow our own horn, but our recent wins of seven different awards at the FMBE awards, including GOLD in Field Marketing Agency of the Year, speak for themselves.
If you’d like to find out how to maximise sales in–store, get in touch with a member of our friendly team today.